Monday, June 26, 2006

Gentle Storm


Warm rain. The kind of rain this Seattle girl did not grow up knowing. Pouring down, flash flood rain that feels as comfortable as if you were daydreaming in the shower. Not too cold, not too hot, just blissfully soft and welcoming.

Soothing thunder. Loud, cracking, booming thunder outside my open windows. Thunder that make it feel okay to be inside. Enveloped in the safety of home, surrounded by the things that quiet you.

Illuminating lightening. Flashing across the sky like a shooting star. I feel lucky to catch its trace on the darkened clouds. Cracks in the perfect storm. It reminds me that I am but a small piece of the grander puzzle.

I was feeling sad today when I left work to walk home to that apartment that doesn't belong to me, and sleep in that bed that isn't mine. But then I stepped outside and felt the first drop of water from the oncoming gentle storm. Warm rain.

Labels: ,

posted by Pop Culture Casualty @ 6/26/2006 09:17:00 PM |

4 comments

<< Home