Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm not a New York Woman anymore

Sorry, I disappeared for a long time. I was really busy trying to think of ways to stay in New York forever. Unfortunately, none of my plans worked out. The summer ended, and I had to leave. But! Here are the bright sides!

  • I had the most wonderful summer ever. (Ok, it could have been slightly better if a certain scary experience hadn't happened. But the net summer experience was still overwhelmingly positive.) I met wonderful people, I liked my internship, my editors liked me, I learned so much about myself, and I figured out that New York is most definitely my home.
  • I only have three months left of school, and then I can come to New York forever.
  • I made a new blog, so I can continue to document my adventures. And, I promise I will very soon write parts 2 and 3 of Lion in the Jungle.
  • Innovations such as cell phones and the Internet mean I can stay in touch with the people I miss. I can also satisfy my Manhattan cravings with daily Friends reruns and my Sex and the City DVD collection
  • I'm still only 21. That means I have a lot of life left ahead of me.

Not a super impressive list, I know. But I tried really hard to think of positives, and this is what I was able to come up with. My new blog is www.lioninchicago.blogspot.com. I am not technically savvy, so it's not technically pretty right now.

Goodbye foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(No, just kidding. This homesickness is making me melodramatic, sorry. Goodbye for three months.)

Labels:

posted by Anonymous @ 9/18/2006 05:34:00 PM |

1 comments

<< Home