Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Full

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Well I'm back.

Often when someone disappears it means a failed romance, a family tragedy or getting fired. For most New Yorkers it simply means no time. No time to breathe, barely enough time to enjoy the moment, no sustaining energy to put out the effort to stay present.


But for this New York woman, an extended absence means life is full.

So much has happened in the last month that I can not seem to possibly tell all the stories. A little time passes and it seems like so much work to sit down and write it all out.

I've left the city a few times with trips to Seattle, Vegas, and down the Jersey Shore.

I took in a moving art exhibit, read an enlightening book and saw a movie that made me angry.

I've weathered disappointment, betrayal and truth.

I've aged a year.

I've discovered that the less I blog, the more friends actually call and send me e-mails.

A friend was married. A friend was lost. An old friend was found.

A city was discovered, and another city went on without me. Outside cafes, summer dresses, sunburnt noses, and warm rain.

There just seems so much to share that I can't imagine getting it all out from inside my spinning brain.

But I will try.

Suffice to say, it's been a good month.

And I'm back.

Labels: , ,

posted by Pop Culture Casualty @ 8/22/2006 08:13:00 PM |

2 comments

<< Home