Thursday, September 08, 2005

A compromise...

...I'm not going. I just can't. I have built up too much to throw it all away and run away with the circus.

I've done it before.

I ran away to graduate school, Italy, Bosnia and Russia. I've picked up after wars. I've seen destruction. I've slept in a tent and worked eighteen hour days. In fact, I have a pattern of running away in the name of some higher cause.

A year ago I would have had my bags packed, my apartment sold off and already have forgotten the names of most my friends. But so much has changed in the last year. I've planted seeds. I've watered them. And I have experienced the beauty of life blossoming.

I've decided to compromise.

I am spending the next two weeks in Washington DC volunteering to help out with Hurricane Katrina. The client and the company will be waiting for me upon my return.

A compromise.

Labels: ,

posted by Pop Culture Casualty @ 9/08/2005 09:52:00 AM |

4 comments

<< Home