Saturday, December 09, 2006

Belize Trip and Books to Bring


New Yorkers seem to need vacations more than anyone. In midtown, for example, stress escalates just from walking down the street and ordering coffee amidst a long line of impatient caffeine addicts. So I’m proud to be on a trip right now. Southern Belize is a nice change from the East Coast of America in December.

I sit on the beach at Hamanasi, a scuba-diving resort. I want something funny to read. If you ever find yourself in this situation, I whole-heartedly recommend Jane Green’s “The Other Woman,” a laugh out loud tale of the mother-in-law from hell. We’re talking about a woman who crosses all the boundaries you don’t want crossed. The term “Control Freak” is hereby redefined. Enjoy it. For once, a story about the “other woman” refers to the guy’s flesh and blood, his manipulative mother. If you’re like me, you’ll be shocked and entertained.

Labels:

posted by Anonymous @ 12/09/2006 02:08:00 PM |

2 comments

<< Home