Monday, May 22, 2006

Rules? Shmoolz!

(above: eat me, bitches)

Thank you everyone who gave advice and comfort to my whining last week. It was very sensible and practical and in this particular instance - so, so wrong. (Probably)

I have heard from the Mathlete. He texted to say that he had broken his cellphone last week and apologized for not getting back to me. He then asked me out again. For Wednesday. At a specific time, and a specific place.

Now. I grant that he may still be completely full of hooey. However, he may have been telling the truth (and is therefore something of an ozone ranger) and either way, he paid attention to my little shot across his bow, and is still interested.

This is not the first time I have found that a mild Three-Stooges-style whap to the brainpan has worked wonders with a man. In fact, my high-school boyfriend first asked me out on a Sunday for the following weekend... then got back together with his eeeevil ex for the upteenth time the next day... then followed through on his original date with me, after I bitched him out in homeroom for being a wishy-washy wuss. We were together until we went off to college. And I never yelled at him again.
I'm not - nor do I advocate being - a raging she-devil. One boyfriend's nickname for me was Lambie... and I liked it. But, occasionally, I have found that it is necessary to say "[whap] Hey! Human over here! With feelings!" In fact, I think those kinds of messages are most powerful coming from people who hardly ever say boo.
Anyway, your points were well-taken and I shall guard my heart and other body parts; and hey, he might still be a dud. I'll let you know how it goes.
Love,
Sheepish

Labels: ,

posted by Addy @ 5/22/2006 05:49:00 PM |

4 comments

<< Home