Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Problem with Dating six guys at once...

After trying to jumpstart my social life by dating, I've found myself in the all too familiar zone of 'over doing it'.

Take for example, this morning.


I wake up with a guy I'm dating and I have to rush out to meet a brunch date.

"You don't mind if I sleep in, do you?"

After brunch, the tall Aussie wants me to go to the Gay Pride parade with him. But I can't. I have another date in an hour. I try to use the excuse that I haven't had a chance to shower yet. He starts to walk towards my house saying over his shoulder, "No worries, I'll just wait for you."

Panic!

We start to walk and then I stop in the middle of 5th avenue. While a pick up truck with ten shirtless men wearing cowboy hats drives by, I say "you know what, I have to meet up with a friend. Why don't we just meet up later??"

I rush home and as I suspected... he is still there...


How do I get rid of this guy before my 2:oo coffee date?

He lingers.

I move the 2:00 to 4:00, which means I have to move the 4:00 to 8:00, which means I have no time for myself. Because tomorrow I have a coffee date on my lunch hour and I'm meeting with friends for the movie in Bryant Park.

So I diffuse my worries by shopping at Urban Outfitters.


I'm waiting in line when a guy I met once approaches me. "Hey, haven't seen you around. What's going on? I've got this barbecue later if you want to join. No, well why don't you give me your number and we will hook up some time this week."

He's so cute. I'm swooning. So much that the girl in line taps me on the shoulder to say, "Um, the line is moving".

I give him my number.

What the hell is wrong with me?

All I was trying to do was jump start my social life...

Labels: , ,

posted by Pop Culture Casualty @ 6/26/2005 09:19:00 PM |

2 comments

<< Home